The Health and Safety Policy of New Covenant International University and Seminary (NCIU), as far as is reasonably practicable, aims to:
- Provide an environment in which staff, students and visitors can function without risk to their health or safety.
- Ensure that NCIU is a safe place, and that the environment, facilities, equipment, and substances are subject to safe systems of work to prevent risks to health or safety.
- Provide and maintain an environment that is suitable with regard to facilities and arrangements to safeguard the occupational health requirements and welfare of employees and students.
- Provide an environment in which everyone can carry out their tasks without fear of intimidation, harassment, violence, or undue stress.
- Identify the need for, and to provide, training, instruction, information and supervision to all staff and students.
- Provide a means of consultation on health and safety matters for all employees, their representatives, and the student representatives.
- Promote personal responsibility and effort on the part of everyone to avoid and prevent health hazards and injuries to themselves and to others who may be affected by their acts or omissions and to co-operate with NCIU to comply with its duties, requirements, and statutory obligations.
- Ensure that all those with responsibilities for managing equipment or premises, or supervising others, are aware that these responsibilities include health and safety requirements and the need to carry out risk assessments for all potentially hazardous activities.
- Ensure that the principles of good health and safety management are applied to all activities undertaken by NCIU.
- Provide support on matters of occupational safety through NCIU’s Safety Officer who will be responsible for advice to the organisation, for regular auditing, and who has the responsibility and authority for enforcement.
- Monitor the health and safety performance of NCIU through annual reports to NCIU’s management.
- Make arrangements to act upon health and safety matters at all levels through appropriate meetings.
- Display and publicise this statement and review it at least annually.